Volunteers are the backbone of any race day, and if it weren't for them, none of these races would happen. Period!
For many, volunteering is rewarding in it’s own right and a great way to give back to this great running community. For others, it is a way to see things from the other side and to learn about running races before jumping into them. Either way, we treat our volunteers as essential partners, and want to recognize their efforts.
Volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Race t-shirt and post-race food and beverage
- Race credit toward a future Daybreak Racing event:
- $15 – Volunteer at registration/raffle/merch tent/event set-up
- $25 – Volunteer at aid station of limited duration, timing tent, event tear down
- $50 – Volunteer at aid station of long duration, sweeping
There are a few restrictions that help make this policy feasible:
- Credit expires within one year of issuance.
- Credit and race day benefits will only be provided to volunteers who sign up for a task in advance, and fill an assigned role (i.e., no bringing your 8 best friends to runner check-in)
- Credit can only be redeemed during registration via ultrasignup.com, and will not be honored on race day, packet pick-up, or get you around a wait list.
- For safety reasons, course sweeps are limited to one sweeping shift per event and must be fresh at the start of shift (i.e. please, no racing on one day and sweeping the other, or sweeping both races).
- Volunteers must be age 18 and above (or age 16 and above with parent/guardian consent).
- A maximum credit of $50 can be used for any one registration.