Jeremy Long, race director of the popular Pacific Northwest trail running race the Tillamook Burn Trail Run, has formed a new company, Daybreak Racing, LLC and added more trail running events in equally amazing locations.
Daybreak Racing was conceived over years of countless early morning runs in the Oregon Coast Range foothills west of Portland. These mountainous logging roads set the stage for Jeremy and many friends, meeting routinely at 4AM. Running by headlamp, their conversations always gravitated toward the trails, planting the seeds of dozens of trail race ideas. By daybreak, they’d ramble up and around these rugged foothills while the city slept in the valley below. Upon reaching the ridgeline on their arduous routes, they’d always pause for a moment, instinctively, to honor the new day and savor the sunrise in the east behind the mighty Cascades– offering sweeping ruby-hued views from Mt. Rainier in the north to Mt. Jefferson in the south. These glorious moments filled Jeremy with a sense of inspiration, appreciation and kinship with good friends in wild places. These storied (and notorious) adventures always started by daybreak – The adventures continue at Daybreak Racing.
Jeremy resides in Hillsboro, Oregon with his wife and two kids. He works at a local health department and has been an avid runner for over 25 years, exploring the trails of the Pacific NW again and again. He's always either dreaming up new courses or chasing after his kids– sometimes at the same time!
At Daybreak Racing, expect:
- Challenging, original and beautiful courses in spectacular 'destination' locations
- A high level of organization, with well-marked courses, fully-stocked aid stations and experienced volunteers
- Priority on participant safety, support and enjoyment
- Partnerships with local sponsors who offer local services and local products as much as possible.
- Donations to local and relevant beneficiaries for every event
- Continuous improvement based on participant feedback